Radu has practised in family law since late 2015, and before that worked in government (ASIC) and general practice. In his time as a family lawyer he has worked on a wide variety of parenting and property matters, and has experience as an advocate in both the Federal Family Courts and the State Magistrates’ Courts. In 2021 he was granted accreditation as a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist in Family Law.
Radu understands the unique demands of being a family lawyer and seeks to provide clear and illuminating advice to his clients, in order to empower them to make the best decisions they can for themselves.
In addition to his role as a solicitor, Radu is an active member of the Law Institute of Victoria Young Lawyers. He has served as a member of the YL Executive Committee and was Co-Chair of the YL Editorial Committee. He was also a Mentor in the LIV Mentoring Program. He has had articles published in the Law Institute Journal, the Young Lawyers Journal and the Young Lawyers Blog.
Outside of work, Radu enjoys attending live music shows and festivals, a variety of sports (in particular martial arts), playing guitar, motorbike riding and stamp collecting.
Cases that Radu has been involved in:
- A precedent for unprecedented times: How the Family Law Courts have treated the continued operation of, and frequent non-compliance with, parenting orders in the wake of COVID-19 – Law Institute Journal, December 2020
- What takes us from merely capable to distinguished? – Law Institute Journal, November 2020
- Finding your voice – LIV Young Lawyer’s Journal, Issue 71 Winter 2018
- A bumpy ride ahead? Road rules for cyclists and motorists under review – LIV Young Lawyer’s Journal, Issue 61 Summer 2015
- Mentoring 101 – LIV Young Lawyer’s Journal, Issue 59 Autumn 2015
I am passionate about family law and chose to practise in the area because, in my view, it is one of the most critical areas of law. Family law governs fundamental aspects of human life which essentially underpin society. The work we do as family lawyers has far-reaching and significant implications and consequences. I take pride in doing it well and assisting people through what is often a very difficult time.
I am delighted to work for a firm that prides itself on a high standard of work and client service, and to work with colleagues who are dedicated, proficient and eager to assist and help better each other.