It has been a privilege to act for people from all walks of life in respect to what has been for many, the most difficult personal and financial time in their life.
Our People - Family Law Experts
Peter B. Berry, Consultant, ASLIV, Family Law Specialist
In 2002 Peter started the practice of Berry Family Law initially with a junior lawyer and one other lawyer. Since then Berry Family Law has expanded to now being one of the largest firms in Australia dedicated solely to relationship law.
Peter was admitted as a solicitor in 1980. He practised family law exclusively from 1985 and in 1989 he was accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a Family Law Specialist.
After appointment as the inaugural chairman of the Emeritus Board of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Victorian Section) Peter rejoined the operating board of the Royal Flying Doctor Service at its request.
In recent times Peter has:
- Been appointed to the steering committee of the Victorian Family Law Pathways Network
- Continued to instruct university graduates at Leo Cussen Institute in respect to family law
- Been invited and has lectured to the profession and to outside industry bodies in respect to family law matters
His current appointments are to the:
- Steering Committee of the Family Law Pathways Network
- The board of Julian Zahara Trust which provides scholarships to indigenous children and medical services in Papua New Guinea
- The Board of the Royal Flying Doctors' Services of Australia (Victorian Section)
In the course of his career, Peter has acted in complex financial and parenting disputes including for high profile members of the legal profession, the business community, various political parties, counsel, and for other lawyers, including for accredited family law specialists or for the family of other accredited family law specialists.
Peter is married with two children and his hobbies include bike riding, travel overseas, 4 wheel drive touring and camping, fine dining and reading.
- It is the people who make the practice of family law special for me, both clients and the people within my practice.
- It has been a privilege to act for people from all walks of life in respect to what has been for many, the most difficult personal and financial time in their life.
- It is particularly rewarding to build a relationship with my clients over the period of their matter and to have their matter resolved by negotiation if feasible, and to otherwise obtain the best possible result for a client, if necessary, by litigation.